Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Albinar ADG 28mm 2.8 macro on E-PL1 focuses to 4.5 inches
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Albinar ADG 28mm 2.8 macro on E-PL1 focuses to 4.5 inches Reply with quote

OK so I bought a real macro lens, wow !

It was like $15 US

But the brand was not renown LOL, Albinar.

I just did a test, the Albinar focuses to about 4 and a half inches from the subject when mounted on the Olympus E-PL1.

4.5 inches = 114.3 millimeters.

Compared to the E-PL1's kit lens, which only focuses to about 9.84 inches. (248.9 mm)

It seems like a nice lens if you can find one in good shape Smile

Also compared was Rokkor-X 50mm f/1.7 by Minolta, 14 inches. (also on E-PL1) (355.6). Olympus Auto-S Zuiko 50mm 1.8 OM lens was similar.

Cheap macro filter on top of Hexar 28mm lens was a little closer focusing than Albinar, at 3 inches, (76.2mm) but this was less convenient as the filter had to be removed to take any non-macro shots. (also on E-PL1)

My pocket camera Canon Powershot SX120is focused very close at about 1 3/4 inches (44.4mm) . This was with it's zoom lens at it's widest.

Cheers Smile
Craig

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that lens turns up with many different names, and who exactly made it will almost certainly turn into a bun fight! Laughing
But that doesn't make it a bad lens, I'm sure it's the same as a Miranda that I had a while back, which the UK postal service lost!, and which was a very good lens.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers from Maine USA, David. I enjoy your website Smile