Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best way to sell inherited lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:44 pm    Post subject: Best way to sell inherited lenses Reply with quote

Hi all,

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place, I've literally only joined to submit this post.

I have inherited a load of old photography gear from my grandad who worked for Taylor Hobson in Leicester. A bit of research has shown that there is some pretty decent stuff here, for example:

Pentacon Super with Carl Zeiss Pancolar 55mm F/1.4
Taylor Hobson 100mm F/2.5 cooke deep field panchro
Taylor Hobson Cooke telepanchro 203mm F/4
Trinol anastigmat 105mm F/3.5

Everything looks to be in good condition. I am looking to sell these as, although I like my photography, I would rather have the money at this moment quite frankly.

I'm UK based, what is the best way to go about this please? Here? Auction Houses? Ebay?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jonathan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Jonathan!

I don't have much experience selling lenses - especially valuable ones. But I think it's fair to say you'll get far more views selling on ebay than you would here.

Also, the MFlenses site owner requests members have made at least 200 posts before starting a for sale listing.
Alternatively, you can get access to sell by making a donation to the site.

See details here:

https://forum.mflenses.com/marketplace-rules-t32548.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay!! Especially the Taylot-Hobson COOK lenses fetches a premium as quite liked by photographers in Asia!!