Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 135mm f4.5 TWIN-TELE (225mm)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby wrote:
Mine is No. 51671, and also has both feet and meters.

Here is a picture of the Soligor version, luisalegria your right with names, this is the " twin-convertible".

Yes, I have this soligor too Wink
Same formula as the Twin-tele.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just bought the Soligor, which appears to be more complete in terms of the extras than my Tamron. Can't wait for it to arrive, I like these very small 135mm.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby wrote:
I like these very small 135mm.

Then you should look at the 135mm f4.5 Fujitar too. The smallest of them all Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
barnaby wrote:
I like these very small 135mm.

Then you should look at the 135mm f4.5 Fujitar too. The smallest of them all Wink

I have the same Fujita made lens under the Wirgar name.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Nordentro, I will keep an eye out for this lens.

Just as a matter of interest what cameras were they originally made for. The reason I ask is that there seems to be a fair bit of reference to the Argus C range of cameras with these lenses. If this is the case then it would explain why I can only find one example on the bay in USA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are talking of two different lenses, though both were made by the same manufacturer.

The lens sold for the Argus C3 under the Fujitar brand (and others, including Soligor) is a very different lens than the Fujita made for SLR's. I have both and I can compare them.

Even the optical formula is different - the slr version has a much smaller front element than the Argus version.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you luisalegria, I will have to watch out to make sure I'm buying the one for slr.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 small 135mm (m42) Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas has arrived a little bit early for me, and I am very pleased! I just bought this, for what I believe to be a good price. I can't wait to get it and try it out. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby wrote:
Christmas has arrived a little bit early for me, and I am very pleased! I just bought this, for what I believe to be a good price. I can't wait to get it and try it out. Very Happy

Congratz, this is a nice little lens Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thank you Nordentro, for the heads up on this little lens. Something tells me that I shall be getting antiquated to this lens over the coming summer.

I have enough now to see me for the time being. All in all I have had a good day, this morning a box arrived with 5 lenses in. I bought it for the only lens I could make out from the photo's and description, a Palinar 200mm 4.5 pre-set, (Tokina), I started to unwrap the other lenses to discover a 29mm 2.8 MC Carl Zeiss in m42 mount and in very good condition. I am a very happy man at the moment. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love picking up new lenses at the post office. (receiving presents for Christmas can't compete at all) Very Happy

I think you may have got an 29mm Meyer/ Pentacon lens in CZJ disguise (export version). It's a good lens! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, you know I never even considered that. I have the 30mm Pentacon, (early GDR version) and so far to date it is my most used wide lens, something tells me that might change now! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a different version of this lens, like the one pictured here (but without matched adapter)

I'm selling it & registered here to offer it to the right crowd, but seems I need 200 posts, so doesn't look like I can...

Produces a nice effect both wide open...

Trooper xmas by Bob-Reid, on Flickr

& stopped down...

Galaxy view by Bob-Reid, on Flickr

Guess I'll have to take some shots of it & list it on evilbay.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post is not showing images (anti spam)
Wink

DoubleR wrote:
I have a different version of this lens, like the one pictured here (but without matched adapter)

I'm selling it & registered here to offer it to the right crowd, but seems I need 200 posts, so doesn't look like I can...

Produces a nice effect both wide open...

Trooper xmas by Bob-Reid, on Flickr

& stopped down...

Galaxy view by Bob-Reid, on Flickr

Guess I'll have to take some shots of it & list it on evilbay.
Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nordentro.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have the Tamron Twin-Tele ser# 3768xx Taisei Kogaku, Been collecting Tamrons for past 50years,range from 21mm < 300mm 2.8 never been able to resist buying them,they are not making them like these anymore and are going up in price as newcomers discover them,With a 25-30 dollar adapter can fit all my camera brands.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Precetvideo: inquired about ser.#'s for twin tele,I posted mine 3768xx but it appears no one is interested with any further info,would appreciate if anyone could date # appx. year of mfg. and who was Taisei Kogaku.Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another variant of the Tamron 135mm f/2.8 Twin-Tele with matched 225mm f/5.5 converter. This one is a Hanimex-Tamron? Interesting name! Has anyone seen any other lenses with this brand marking, where Tamron is the manufacturer and Hannimex is the distributer (I surmise). Brings to mind Heiland or Honeywell Pentax, or Beseler Topcon. Sorry for the quick IPhone snaps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a fair variety of markings on these preset series Tamrons.
They could easily have a different name ring for every shipment.
Granted I have not seen the Tamron brand paired with the distributors brand before. I have seen Taisei used quite often though, in such a way. The company name was Taisei, they only changed their company name later.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanimex was a distributor/retailer based in Australia, but very common in England too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanimex was an international distributor, like Soligor. There is plenty of their branded stuff in the US.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got one of these as well, purely in the interests of historical research. Rolling Eyes I think it's one of the later versions?
I haven't tried it yet, as I arrived home storm Imogen started to dump lots of rain on us, but I'm very curious to see how this old classic lens performs.

The condition of the lens is excellent, there's a little internal dust and no fungus, and the lens itself is unmarked. I shall post pictures on this thread whenever it stops raining

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog

Very nice addition! It does look pristine.
Looking forward to the sample photos.
Really like my only Taisei era lens....been looking for more.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is funny, i never knew Tamron carried the "Twin-Tele" markings. I have the same lens with "Converto" marking!

Tamron Converto I &amp; II by René Maly, on Flickr