Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rodagon 150/5.6 enlarging lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:

Quote:
For 20x magnification, use a microscope, not a macro lens.

I don't agree at all. Read the books I recommended.

Using a short macro lens -- the 17/4 Tominon is quite acceptable and there are better short lenses, including some, not all, microfilm reader lenses -- to get high magnifications isn't as hard as you think. There are many tricks. Read the books I recommended.

Minolfan wrote:
Quote:

But I think prices of lenses that can do what you want will direct you to the choice between microscope or bankrupty

I've suggested two relatively inexpensive ways to get high (up to 30x) magnification. Microscopes -- if I had the money I'd have a Wild Photomakroscope or the modern equivalent -- are much more expensive and offer less control over illumination than a well thought-out copy stand- or optical bench-based rig.

What ForenSeil wants to do can be done, although perhaps not as inexpensively as in the past. Re inexpensively in the past, my first 100/6.3 Neupolar and 50/3.5 Neupolar pair cost $28 delivered. My 25/3.5 Luminar cost $55 delivered. MP-4 Tominons aren't the best, but they're usable and even now are very cost-effective.