Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

potential Issues using Mf on DSLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siriusdogstar wrote:
some lenses cannot be screwed fully onto adapters with lip to depress aperture pin, because pin bangs against stop in lens; result cannot oo focus. maybe problem here.

Good point!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
maybe sirious is right
Please can you check this pic and telle me if you see it correctly focused?

This is taken with Industar 50 mm. so , if it's good, means that the problem is with the other 2 lenses Sad

Paolo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's either not correctly focussed or the lens is very soft.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
It's either not correctly focussed or the lens is very soft.

Assuming that camera shake is not an issue. What shutter speed was it shot at?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Paul

Thx for your question
according to my settings., it was very fast

I guess it's a question of f value, I don't understand but now i just saw another pic taken with the grandangle, the vivtar and it was focuse correctly
2morrow I am going to shoot again with all the Lenses, with the sunlight cause now it's dark outside
I was thinking to take some night shots, I will show those pics later
I don't really know what the f..k happens
The best behaviour is from mid-range lenses so far, the 50 an 58mm
don't get anything
Question

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like missed focus to me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Martin,. I think the problem is only connected to the 200 mm pentacon
the others are missed focus, think you got the point.

I wonder why the pentacon does'nt focus correctly at oo

???? anyone knows?I am trying to see the distance inside the camera betweend the lens and the sensor. I don't understand, it means it's different between the various lenses?
thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that you should be able to determine very easily if it is the adapter or the lens, assuming the lens is mounted properly, the camera is in good repair and no camera shake, of course.

If you look at a field of subjects, from near to far (e.g., a field of flowers), and something somewhere in that field of subjects is in focus, then it's the adapter, causing the lens not to focus where you want it to. If nothing is in focus, from near to far, then it's the lens.

Michael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I did to check if my lens, my Adaptor, camera shake (mirror slap included) or simply my own eyesight is the cause of blurry pics. Eventually found out that the lens actually focus past infinity.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mates

I got a reply from the ebay powerseller
He told me that the adapter works correctly with all the m42 lenses I have except wht the Pentacon Lenses cause it needs another type of the adapter
(cost=60euro)
I don't really know why???? the M42 lenses does not have all the same size of mount, trhead, etc????
thnks in advance for your help

Paolo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: 2 pics with pentacon Reply with quote

Yesterday night I was craving to test my adapter an d I went out to have some tests

Here 2 pics
according to the infos i got from the pwoer seller, it means that , by now, I will be able to focus everything in the 50meters range (don't know in feet, sorry) but no more, because doe snot foucus to longer distance.

Paolo

At the moment i will use the leenses and adapter ., for the pentacon, I will use in shorter distance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mybike wrote:
Hello Mates

I got a reply from the ebay powerseller
He told me that the adapter works correctly with all the m42 lenses I have except wht the Pentacon Lenses cause it needs another type of the adapter
(cost=60euro)
I don't really know why???? the M42 lenses does not have all the same size of mount, trhead, etc????
thnks in advance for your help

Paolo

I think he is talking about Pentacon 6 lenses?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kin.

Please may you explain what are p6 lenses?
Don't know really anything about that Embarassed Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

East European 6x6 film cameras. Many good lenses available and possible to mount on DSLR:s with adapter.

lens (don't know if good):
Click here to see on Ebay

adapter (was cheaper than I thought):
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your adivice, Kan,
But My pentacon is for 35mm and m42lens, the adapt.you talk about is for medium size lens ?
I ask to the other users if someone had the same issue with pentacon

thx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is soimething strange connected with the Pentacon

It's not a qeustion of "DSLR" adapter.,
TOday i tried it on the Fujica and with my big surprise,it does not correctly focus the infinity too...also with the film camera

Do you know what could happen?
There is a fact :I opened the lens last week cause the aperture was incorrect. it was blocked on f/4.
Now it works. but it's impossibible I modified with an unwanted move the flange focal distance ?

Thx in advance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mybike wrote:
There is soimething strange connected with the Pentacon

It's not a qeustion of "DSLR" adapter.,
TOday i tried it on the Fujica and with my big surprise,it does not correctly focus the infinity too...also with the film camera

Do you know what could happen?
There is a fact :I opened the lens last week cause the aperture was incorrect. it was blocked on f/4.
Now it works. but it's impossibible I modified with an unwanted move the flange focal distance ?

Thx in advance

I would try to check all steps you made during your repair. First question: did you mount the exchangeable rear mount in correct way?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mflex
I don't know, I have to get back to all the steps done before.
It's strange, but it's something connected with that operation, I think.Cause now the problem is also with the other analog. camera

I will you let know something later
Thx again for helping me out

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reopened the lens, removing softly the parts. I redone the same steps
The aperture is correctly working. The
I think resignation is taking me over. I have 3 lenses, I can use them
Wink
no probs.

ps. today I tested the vivitar 28 komine, quite satisfied. I like the reflection on the ground of rain
here a pic, please tell me what you think
paolo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Pic with Pentacon at short range using a flash indoor Reply with quote

Here I want to show you a pic with this fantastic lens ( the pentacon is really good, i sueggest it to everyone)
unfortunately I will be using only for less-50-meters distances
(for the reasons above explained)
here the pic, let me know what you think.shooted indoor using a flash
Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be something about the mount position if all element are correctly reinstalled back. Apparently your mount is further away from your lens body (making the lens longer physically) thus you cannot focus to infinity. Are your adaptor fully seated?

I have the same situation with my Minolta MC 50 1.4 when I convert to MA mount and have to skim off my mounting base to get the infinity correct. In your case, it should be some mechanical parts not properly seated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the macro end of the lens (Pentacon) working at the same distance as the scale says? When scale says 50 cm the focus is also 50 cm. If the focus is closer, then the lens is just too far away from film plane.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnx for helping me, kan.

I try to answer your quest. showing you 2 pics of my pentacon lens
there is a part , the frame that is at the bottom and that screw the lens to the camera, that seems not at the same level of the base, but a little "raised", or lifted...

let me know your impression , looking forward to know your opinion

thx
paolo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have all the screws holding the mount down gone back into the same holes? Perhaps one is a little different from the others or a bit of something has crept into the screw hole preventing it reaching the bottom?

Or maybe the mount itself is on the wrong way round - I don't know if that is possible. A minor ding at some time might have prevented it being completely symmetrical.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for advice PAULC:wink:
It's strange anyway...I don't understand a f... of what happened, believ me! I need to bring the le ns to a repair and assistance centre here aroiund .
It' s apity.. .anyway today i tried the Industar and seems to beahve very good with the DSLR. Wink