Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zuiko 65-200 fungus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Zuiko 65-200 fungus Reply with quote

I have an unmarked Zuiko 65-200mm F4 zoom which has a few spots of fungus in the front element.

I have had a look at dismantling it but can't seem to loosen the front ring - has anyone done one of these...?

I have not tried to loosen the name ring but I have tried to loosen the outer ring which has two spanner slots but it's very tight.
Should I be attempting the outer ring or going for the name ring...?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are happy with your shots why bother dismantling, a few spots on your front element wont matter...just store in a dry ventilated place and it wont get worse.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
If you are happy with your shots why bother dismantling, a few spots on your front element wont matter...just store in a dry ventilated place and it wont get worse.

+1

use UV filter as transparent cap and don't cover rare if possible.

I have high humidity many times in our flat. I use store lenses in big transparent plastic boxes. I did put into boxes an accurate humidity meter + humidity removal chemical and keep always 30-40% humidity. Plastic boxes have one more benefit help to avoid dusts , but no ventilation air inside. I have 4 yrs experience with them already and seems a good solution.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies - you're probably both right but I had great success recently with a Canon EF 75-300mm (AF) lens front element which came up great and I was feeling on a roll Very Happy