Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zuiko 40/2.8 from Olympus Trip 35 adapted to Sony E
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject: Zuiko 40/2.8 from Olympus Trip 35 adapted to Sony E Reply with quote

It was removed from Olympus Trip 35 analog compact camera and adapted to Sony E using generic plastic cap. I was able to focus infinity.

After closing aperture blades form diamond shape so you can get diamonds in the bokeh.

Samples without post-processing. Sony NEX-6.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 4 blade aperture is new for me in an Olympus lens, quite an unusual looking background
i would like to know, what someone is seeing/thinking who has no idea that this comes from the aperture,
means someone who looks at it "passive"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there.

I am trying to adapt the lens from Olympus Trip 35.
It was a pretty easy to remove the lens from the camera, but I have no idea how to control the aperture.
There is that metal rod that is sticking at the back that controls the aperture, and removing it would remove the option for controlling the aperture.

How did you get to control the aperture?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cvitang wrote:
Hi there.

I am trying to adapt the lens from Olympus Trip 35.
It was a pretty easy to remove the lens from the camera, but I have no idea how to control the aperture.
There is that metal rod that is sticking at the back that controls the aperture, and removing it would remove the option for controlling the aperture.

How did you get to control the aperture?

What does turning the aperture ring on the lens do then? I presume you move that metal rod to the side and it closes the aperture until the setting on the lens is reached, right?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō, you are close, but it's actually the other way around.
By default, the rod is keeping the aperture closed, or at F16.
It's kept like that with a spring.
When you turn the aperture ring, the aperture opens until the rod blocks it.

Now, usually, on more complex lenses, there are multiple components between the rod and the aperture itself, so you can block some of the components in the middle.
But on this lens, the rod directly controls the aperture leafs. You remove the rod, and you lose the aperture control.

I tried to remove the spring that keeps the rod+aperture in the closed position, and somehow keep it open, but had no luck.
That's why i am asking here, if the original poster managed to accomplish a full aperture control.
Not many people on the net that have accomplished this.
They usually just give up and block the aperture fully open.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens was removed WITH part of camera body. Use something like Dremel tool. It solves all the problems then.