Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zuiko 18mm f3.5 and flek 35 in Liverpool
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Zuiko 18mm f3.5 and flek 35 in Liverpool Reply with quote

Hello,

I posted this already at the Manual Focus Forum, but thought I might post it here also to see what you guys think - critique welcome!!

On my recent holidays I went to Liverpool (naturally fed up with barbados...) and here are a few snapshots, all hand-held, with the zuiko usually at f5.6 or f8:

10. with 35mm flektogon

11. also flek

Would love to hear some comments and criticism...
Thanks
Simon

Last edited by spkennedy3000 on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I cannot see the pictures... Am I the only one? Confused
They do appear when I type each address separately, but I can't see them in the post...

Last edited by LeFanch on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - your not the only one.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the same format I used on the other forum, with the [img][/img] tags. It works when I preview the message but not when I view it - can anyone help?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be working now...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OK Simon, it's working now!

I like #2, #4 and #6 a lot (pity there is this sign showing behing the statue's legs).
Also #10.
They all appear pretty dark on my computer but I'm at work and cannot really calibrate it... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's why I know these pics.

I was thrilled the first time I saw them and still I think they are fantastic!

Very well done!

Carsten

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for joining us, nice to see you here! You entry is fantastic! Very well done pictures! Congratulation!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thanks for joining and - the pictures are astonishing. The Zuiko pictures make me really interested in the lens - which I think is one of the best compliments I could make, as I usually do not like much the Japanese lenses with the exception of those that are direct copies of German lenses (the older Nikkors) - but this ZUiko performs great although of course much of the merit belongs to the photographer - you - anyway really I'd like 05 printed big and hanged in my house, I like it so much. Those reflections on the ground are a true wonder. What camera are you using?
Also picture 07 is fantastic. But the whole set is excellent.

The Flek pictures appear harsher and being the very same day, I think it shows well what could be the difference between lenses.
I would have never believed it but for the first time, I really think that a Japanese lens has performed better than a German lens.

I would like to see the same two lenses on a different day with different lighting though.
We are haveing a calendar contest for the forum members. I would really like if you could submit some of these pictures for the month they apply to.
At the end of the year we will produce a printable calendar featuring 12 photographers of this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys thanks very much for the compliments!!

The camera is an Eos 5d, upgraded about a month ago from my trusty eos 5.

I have just redone this series using the RAW files instead of the jpeg versions - wow what a difference!!

The zuiko is by far my favourite lens - and the best I have had.

I have some pictures from Brighton that I am just finishing the processing on, will post them in a bit. Same two lenses, different day...

Thanks,
Simon