Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zorky 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Zorky 4 Reply with quote

After a looooong overcast winter ,that kept me outside my photo hobby (along with dayly job and other hobbies) I took out on a dull overcast spring day Smile
My wife managed to take a portrait of my Zorky 4 that I received some three years ago ,but was kept aside because of some problems with the shutter speeds (too fast) -by the way ,is this a problem that can be solved?
All in all, it is a beautiful camera to shoot with , it gives a great tactile and olfactive feeling to keep in hand .Maybe I have a problem ,because of my memories in childhood ?
I didn't finished the test film yet but I should . This pic was taken with the Hexanon 40/1,8 on nex3

What is your oppinion about the Z4 as a shooter ?
I like the viewfinder .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice camera, indeed. And the viewfinder looks big enough for a comfortable framing.
Teo wrote:
... it gives a great tactile and olfactive feeling to keep in hand.

What it smells like? Smile
Yes, for me the olfactive feeling is important, too.
The smell of the gear, especially older gear, is often a problem and can substantially add to or ruin the fun.
With folder cameras I used to sprinkle the bellows and the camera bag with fine perfume. It resists, in a subdued way, for years and makes the experience of using the camera much more pleasant.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smells like a real camera not like a digital one😁 And especially feels like one .Sturdy.
The viewfinder has dioptrii adjustment wich is great. Bigger than the fed3 one or the 2C one. I like also the fact that it openes the back to load/unload and not the bottom. Very confy.