Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zorki 6 lenses and photos Fujicolor C200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Zorki 6 lenses and photos Fujicolor C200 Reply with quote

I bought this second Zorki 6 and also some lenses seperately recently. Here are some photos using the Industar 22 3.5/50mm lens.
Here is the camera and lenses. Comments and criticisms welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Like 1

Actually I have the same camera and all the lenses too. Wink

It's also my preferred Zorki as the film loading is much easier compared to the other models, though the Zorki 4 offers 1/1000s additionally.
Also the "luxury" FED 5 isn't bad as it features at least a selenium light meter and a diopter adjustment for the viewer.

I bought all this Russian stuff already several years ago when they still have been incredible cheap. I paid almost nothing for my collection. I should have bought even more at these times. Wink

However, certainly ALL of these Russian RF cameras are able to make very nice pictures and it's also quite funny to use them.

Although, I have to admit that for comfort reasons I prefer to use my Bessa R2 nowadays for RF film shooting. That's for my personal taste one of the best RF cameras for LTM lenses in existence and luckily I found it some years ago for only apprx. 200 Euro used.

Maybe I should also do some RF film shooting again. Looking at your well done pictures makes appetite... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
I agree with you about the Zorki 6. It is an easy camera to use. It has the more modern wind lever. It also has diopter adjustment which is good for me since I use reading glasses.
I also have a Kiev 4a which I like to use, but it doesn't have the diopter adjustment. I was thinking to buy a Nikon or Canon diopter lens and fastening it to the camera or to the camera case. I like the focusing method on the Kiev very much and the bright viewfinder and rangefinder patch. Taking my glasses on and off is a pain though.
Both the Zorki and the Kiev are very nice looking cameras though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Congrats

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:

I agree with you about the Zorki 6. It is an easy camera to use. It has the more modern wind lever. It also has diopter adjustment which is good for me since I use reading glasses.
I also have a Kiev 4a which I like to use, but it doesn't have the diopter adjustment. I was thinking to buy a Nikon or Canon diopter lens and fastening it to the camera or to the camera case. I like the focusing method on the Kiev very much and the bright viewfinder and rangefinder patch. Taking my glasses on and off is a pain though.
Both the Zorki and the Kiev are very nice looking cameras though.

Very nice examples.

Actually you are right. The Zorki 6 is equipped with diopter adjustment as well. Just checked my copy. Wink
Unfortunately it's stuck. So it doesn't turn anymore. Luckily it's already in a position which suits my eyes.
I don't have any Kiev because I don't like the Contax RF mount lenses.

However, I have the rather rare KMZ Zorki 1 "Rigid White" from 1952 (according lens serial number) as shown here: http://goo.gl/YLeJhq Wink It's still in a very nice condition and fully operational and this has diopter adjustment as well. Actually it's the Zorki 1b, the Leica II copy.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work. I like my Zorki 6 a lot too, just don't use it much anymore because I prefer my Kievs and Contax, but nothing at all wrong with the Zorki or the lenses for it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Very nice examples.

Actually you are right. The Zorki 6 is equipped with diopter adjustment as well. Just checked my copy. Wink
Unfortunately it's stuck. So it doesn't turn anymore. Luckily it's already in a position which suits my eyes.
I don't have any Kiev because I don't like the Contax RF mount lenses.

However, I have the rather rare KMZ Zorki 1 "Rigid White" from 1952 (according lens serial number) as shown here: http://goo.gl/YLeJhq Wink It's still in a very nice condition and fully operational and this has diopter adjustment as well. Actually it's the Zorki 1b, the Leica II copy.

Cheers,

Thank you. Man, you do have a lot of cameras! Do you have them posted in the equipment gallery?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Excellent work. I like my Zorki 6 a lot too, just don't use it much anymore because I prefer my Kievs and Contax, but nothing at all wrong with the Zorki or the lenses for it.

Thank you.
I also like the Kiev camera, but with my reading glasses off and on it is a little troublesome.
Right now I am running some film through one and will post the results. I have 35, 50 and 135 lenses for
it and I am using the turret finder for the first time. As I mentioned I was thinking of fastening a diopter
to it so I wouldn't have to use my glasses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:

Thank you. Man, you do have a lot of cameras! Do you have them posted in the equipment gallery?

Nope. But that would certainly be something to consider. Wink