Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zorki 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Zorki 4 Reply with quote

Thanks to Paul, of this forum...

Nice, solid little workhorse. No frills, nothing fancy, just works (until it doesn't, of course). At first I thought the VF was out of whack as the focus was a bit crap, then I realised what the lever on the left at the bottom of the rewind knob is for - dioptre correction. Embarassed
The RF seems to be reasonably accurate, corresponding well with the figures on the lens barrel, but it will need a film put through it to confirm this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward some shoots taken with this cam.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent camera , unbreakable . With my oldest copy , I did the job of free-lance photographer in the last sixties until 1974 , with 2 lenses , j-8 and steinheil Culminar 85mm . I'll never sell this camera, never.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios, I have plenty of choice from Russian range finder locally.
Is this best choice or something else ? I know you are love it because this is yours and you have great experience with that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice looking camera!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used succesfully a zorki-4 (not a 4k) and a fed-2 . These two cameras are not perfect , but really reliable , they are not out of order , I bought my Fed-2 second hand in ddr in 1966 ... .
Nowadays , I use a Fed-5 (without any lightmeter) and a zorki-4k .
Other rf cameras in use : Leica M-3, Kiev-4 (poor ergonomics), and an old Leica IIIb 1937 for pleasure'sake
rf-base is larger on fed-2, zorki-6, kiev but it only matters if you have a perfect adjusted rangefinder ....
Sometimes I put my Leitz lenses on the Zorki (horrible crime, isnt'it ?)
So,I find the zorki-4 or 4k the best compromise, since the 6 has no slow speeds and poor viewfinder (very dark). Yet , fed-4 and 5 are also a possible good choice !
Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!