Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zorki 2C corect loading?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Zorki 2C corect loading? Reply with quote

Any hints?
I used today my Zorky 2C,worked like a breeze , smootk , a pleasure to work with. Even my wife learned how to focalise with the rangefinder and she liked it. Wink
The only thing is that the film wasn't advanced , I realised this when I rewinded the film. So, no pictures today , but a whole roll fi Fuji saved , and on top , what a fun !!! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always make a tension after firs 1-2 frame transported and after at each shutter knock look reverse knob is film transport properly or not.
If you do never happen again, loading has no special trick once film loader is cut properly look (Leica bottom load instructions) care about proper connection into spool and done.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to try again , because I didn't succeeded several attempts ....and it's such a lovable camera!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep a dead film - exposed - in my desk just to test cameras with.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, when I turn the advance knob , the film advances being moved by the teeth of the wheels provided for this , and gets tense .But , afterthat , it relaxes a bit enough that the teeth get aut from the holes and the film isn't advanced any more

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you use as take-up spool ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

The one that came in the camera

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
Olivier wrote:

The one that came in the camera

and is it an original metal one ?

Do you cut the film as for old leica loading ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the metal one , the film cut as you say , I found somewhere on a site ,don't remember exactly where. I let it down for a year , but now I want to try again and put it at work

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use one of these and the loading is bloody tricky. I find the normal leader on film is ok. I hold the film on to the spool with a piece of sticky tape. take the lens off and open the shutter on B you can see if the film is lined up in the camera. Pushing it up helps and you can feel it when it engages with the sprockets. Messy, but reliable. This is my former favourite camera, my Zorki 3 has an improved removable back, and while still tricky to load, at least you can see the film is in the right place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I use one of these and the loading is bloody tricky. I find the normal leader on film is ok. I hold the film on to the spool with a piece of sticky tape. take the lens off and open the shutter on B you can see if the film is lined up in the camera. Pushing it up helps and you can feel it when it engages with the sprockets. Messy, but reliable. This is my former favourite camera, my Zorki 3 has an improved removable back, and while still tricky to load, at least you can see the film is in the right place.

Waaaa, thank you , Phil , I never heared this system , I'll try , maybe it helps !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying its a system but it works for me. For goodness sake be careful you dont let the shutter close on your finger! (for the shutter's sake - not your fingers)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
(for the shutter's sake - not your fingers)
Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, today I managed to solve the problem .A nice guy on the "I shoot film " gave me the idea.
The problem was that there wasn't enough pressure on the spools from the bottom plate ,to engage the transport system. I put two small spacers made from paper on the end end of the spools , then closed the bottom plate ( with a bit of difficulty ,just a bit) .
Then it worked !!!! Waaaaaaa!
This is the camera of my early childhood ,my dad had one until it broke.As a small kid I was dreaming to learn how to photograph with it. Very Happy Now , I'll be able to do it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good idea. I'll look at that too!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. You need to trim the film - its easy to load then. I made a film trimmer template. You can cut freehand as long as you get the correct length. Hope this helps:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Film-Trimmer-for-Leica-and-Russian-clones/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Phil.
That's exactly what I meant when saying "did you cut the film like old leicas' loading".
Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:

Looks good your Zorki-2C. Normally it came with none collapsable Industar-50. Your Industar-22 is from 1956 and could even match your 2C in time. The serial number could tell it.

Many mistakes are made with film. I often find some parts of old film inside and they can make life difficult, hidding between the gears or even scratching the curtains. So always be careful.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine did come with an I-50. but I think this lens looks nicer and is easier to carry in my coat pocket.

Since I got my Leica I have discovered that you can simply cut the film with scissors it's not an exact science but it works. Of course this is fine with the Zorkis

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Zorki 2C is aut for shooting allready exposed two films , hope I'll develop soon ....Meanwhile a portrait of it.... Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you got the hang of it now. I usually cut a few films so they're ready.