Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zodiak 8b 30mm fisheye Pentacon Six
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Zodiak 8b 30mm fisheye Pentacon Six Reply with quote

I did loan this lens from my friend to try it out. Any experience ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very good lens. It's THE reason to own a kiev/pentacon system.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Very very good lens. It's THE reason to own a kiev/pentacon system.

Shocked Sound is wonderful! Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly people might disagree with my assessment but I am in no way underestimating the quality of the other lenses available for the system. I just think the price-quality ratio for the Zodiak/Arsat is one of the best. You will pay an incredible premium for a 6x6 fisheye for any other system.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Truly people might disagree with my assessment but I am in no way underestimating the quality of the other lenses available for the system. I just think the price-quality ratio for the Zodiak/Arsat is one of the best. You will pay an incredible premium for a 6x6 fisheye for any other system.

That is right, no other option available on reasonable price, this will be my first fish eye trial I never had any before.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As discussed in the past, I do own three copies (2x Zodiak plus 1x Arsat) in Kiev 88, P6 and Hassy 2000F mounts.
I'd guess I've been lucky in all cases, all three are top performers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVP wrote:
As discussed in the past, I do own three copies (2x Zodiak plus 1x Arsat) in Kiev 88, P6 and Hassy 2000F mounts.

Shocked

That is something!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, but biggest lens ive ever seen. when you attach it to that behemouth P6 you have to hire a crane to lug it around. i'm not so into suffering for art! Laughing Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
great, but biggest lens ive ever seen. when you attach it to that behemouth P6 you have to hire a crane to lug it around. i'm not so into suffering for art! Laughing Embarassed

Lens is traveling to me thanks for my friend who is kindly loan it to me, let we see how it looks on Pentax 645 and Praktisix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
rbelyell wrote:

Lens is traveling to me thanks for my friend who is kindly loan it to me, let we see how it looks on Pentax 645 and Praktisix

imagine an elephant sitting on a slightly smaller elephant! Laughing

but seriously, it is a great lens and i am sure you will use it to great effect.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be interesting if you can compare this to your Konica 15mm fisheye. This Zodiak is only single coated so be careful of flares.

Looks big, but not that big...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Be interesting if you can compare this to your Konica 15mm fisheye. This Zodiak is only single coated so be careful of flares.

Looks big, but not that big...

If I test with slides Zodiak will won due MF , on 35mm digital I believe Konica will won.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVP wrote:

Here they are (the three I mentioned):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection! I can't wait to try my loaned copy , sadly weather pretty crap now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

currently I am scanning, frames are awesome... I can't believe to my eyes...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/zodiac-30mm-fisheye-8b-pentax-645-fuji-neopan-accross-t45467.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic results. Is P645+Zodiak hand-holdable? Or needs good tripod?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Fantastic results. Is P645+Zodiak hand-holdable? Or needs good tripod?

All shoots made handheld, not too heavy set

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/kodak-plus-x-125-zodiak-8b-30mm-fisheye-pentacon-six-tl-t46979.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need your help.
Has this Zodiak (for Kiev 8Cool the rear filter or not? Seller does not know, he has sent me this picture. He definitively has not the color (blue, green, orange) filters, but I hope the optically necessary UV filter to be on the rear of the lens. Unfortunately I dont see the sideengraving of the filter in the picture, that makes me unsure if there is a filter or not.