Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bronica Zenzanon 3.5/105 MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Bronica Zenzanon 3.5/105 MC Reply with quote

I found this Zenzanon 3.5/105 MC very cheaply, as it has a small (minute) scratch on the front element.
I have pointed this lens at all kinds of light sources and the scratch has not had any discernible effect on the images.
Here is the lens showing the damage that caused it to be marketed as faulty and for repair or parts only:

Here are some images from this lens.

Its worst performance is the following shot wide open - the spots in the highlights - easily removed in PP.
Gone when closed down a little.

OH

Last edited by Oldhand on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome samples. 105mm is supposed to be one of best Bronica Zenzanon lenses.
Here i found very nice portrait: http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00MZ2r?start=10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pancolart.
That is a lovely portrait taken by the 3.5/105 for SQ. Same as mine - I am not sure.
This lens is from the ETR and ETRs, and is one of the earlier versions - the MC.
I'm not sure how common it is for Bronica, but it does not get many references in a google search.
If there is a later version it should be a PE lens but I have not seen one.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raindrops on flowers in after storm light...very nice images.Some of those "faulty" lenses can be hidden gems. Smile