Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenitar K2S F2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Zenitar K2S F2 Reply with quote

I have a love affair with my Zenitar F1.7 that i think is one of the most wonderful lenses i own, it somehow manages to infuse images with something magical and i have always loved it's rendering.

So recently trawling ebay i spotted a Zentit K212 (the potato) with a Zenitar F2 Plastic fantastic attached it looked as new, so hit the auction and won it for a single £25 bid

What can i say this lens fits nicely on the A7 and although does not have the most tactile feel focus is janky, feels like a toy the glass well i think it is pretty decent swirls the bokeh nicely and has very nice transitions and smoothness, it is very sharp when you nail the focus even at F2

#1 @F5.6

#2 @F5.6

#3 @F2

#4 @F4

#5 @F4

#6 @F5.6

#7 F4

#8 @F2.4

#9 @F2

#10 @F8

#11 @F2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the 1.7 still your favorite or do you prefer the 2?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m a big fan of Zenitar lenses but ignored this one, maybe time to pick one up, looks good Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens was a late attempt to modernize the KMZ's lens line. Hence the "modern" and super cheap body. The "S" variant is probably even cheaper than the original one.

The 50/1.7 surely feels way better.

// It used to be a quite common lens with prices around 15 EUR. Not anymore.