Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenitar Fisheye 16mm - Ektar 100 - Self
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Zenitar Fisheye 16mm - Ektar 100 - Self Reply with quote

Since I seem to only post pictures of myself anyways. Hey, why not another few! I actually got this lens today, took a roll, ran off to the developers, and started scanning. The lens was $130 shipped. I felt like this was a good deal considering they now are nearer to $200. Both were f8ish, 1/250th. I wanted to use my pentax es but the aperture pin won't allow it to be screwed on (interference with the full-aperture metering lever in the camera). So I used a Praktica L and hand metered.

~Marc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc,
after having seen the first picture, I fear that my sleep will be troubled tonight Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your pictures are improving... Laughing You missed a spot when brushing Laughing
Seriously how good is this lens? I have thought about getting a fisheye but they rarely come up here in oz and I rarely have the money to get them when they do... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you make my day Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Marc,
after having seen the first picture, I fear that my sleep will be troubled tonight

And to think I don't have a girlfriend! What a crazy world. Laughing

Quote:
Seriously how good is this lens? I have thought about getting a fisheye but they rarely come up here in oz and I rarely have the money to get them when they do...

In truth, I can't really comment yet. I took the entire roll of ektar within 10 minutes so none of the shots are well thought out or composed. Light was really inconsistent too. The close-ups are adequate but any lens at f8 would not be horrendous. I tried a landscape at f2.8 (wide-open) and it looked absolutely terrible. Not sure if I have an ok copy yet or not. It does focus to infinity and nothing appears to be de-centered but I still can't say with any certainty. I will try to take some not-so-rushed photos in the future and maybe those will give a better impression.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will look forward to seeing them.I like your sense of humour Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have very nice teeth ... Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
You have very nice teeth ... Very Happy

Nah,too yellow for me taste Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nah,too yellow for me taste

Eh, that's what coffee three times a day for 10 years will do.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Nah,too yellow for me taste

Eh, that's what coffee three times a day for 10 years will do.

Is that what happened to your glasses? Laughing Razz
I have to say the focus is excellent for a hand held self portrait.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Your pictures are improving... Laughing You missed a spot when brushing Laughing

Hair, teeth? You need to be more specific Laughing

Great portraits Marc Cool