Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenitar 16mm f2.8 mount question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Zenitar 16mm f2.8 mount question Reply with quote

Hello,

I just bought a zenit 16mm for very little money.
The back cap says Pentax it fits but can not turn fully to lock it in to place .... any idee ?

Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a Nikon fit. A PK lenscap will fit and the bayonet will go in but will not lock in place. How about a photo of the bayonet fit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it is Pentax, the locking groove is in the right place, the aperture actuator is also in the right place and it looks right, and the three lugs have no notches.
I have a lot of different PK lens back caps that fit differently, many do not lock into place.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote it wrong. its not clicking into place on a camera. sorry (back cap fits.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pentax lock pin fits into the small groove on the lens, some 3rd party lenses have a groove or hole that isn't exactly in the right place. I have had to get medieval with the Dremel on one unknown name lens I had.

The other thing is, the lens might be Ricoh and have a shroud alongside the aperture lever ? It isn't really clear in the picture.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarelDH wrote:
I wrote it wrong. its not clicking into place on a camera. sorry (back cap fits.)

You didnt write it wrong, thats how I read it anyway. But I agree with Lloydy it looks like pentax

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: mount Reply with quote

The name of the lens is MC Zenitar-K 2.8/16, where K - letter after Zenitar - means type of mount. There are Zenitar-C and Zenitar-N versions available too. And the M42 version as well, of course which is Zenitar-M.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clever, I didn`t know that Wink