Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenitar 16mm and a Tamron SP shot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Zenitar 16mm and a Tamron SP shot Reply with quote

A spare fifteen minutes after parking the car this morning. I had two of my favourite lenses with me, the Zenitar 16mm and the Tamron SP 35-210mm.

Yellow and Grey Tamron SP 35-210mm at 35mm f5.6

Zenitar 16mm at f4

Zenitar 16mm at f4

Zenitar At f4 1/20 sec

http://www.flickr.com/groups/tamronadaptall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice shots, Rob!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all of these pictures. That Tamron at 35mm does a good job. Your Zenitar at F4 appears to be quite sharp. Are you using a full frame camera?
Very nice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like composition in first one.
I'll enter soon in the in the club of the Tamron proud owners.
Sorin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
I like composition in first one.
I'll enter soon in the in the club of the Tamron proud owners.
Sorin

Congratulation Sorin! Tamron lenses are fantastic really.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lads, it must have been one of my better days.

The SP 35-210 is a great lens and so handy with that range of FL. I have just posted a pin sharp Squirrel photo and 100% crop from it on the Adaptall Gallery.

The Zenitar seems alright at f4 but can soften up when wide open. I shoot on Pentax K100D = 1.5 crop factor, because of the fisheye distortion it gives a FOV of about 21mm. the shots above have been straightened in PT lens. I think some have a problem focusing the Zenitar. If you look at the lens the next mark to infinity is 1.2 meters, thats 1 point 2 not 12! unless you are going real close you hardly move the focus from the infinity mark. For most shots focus movement is 6mm at the most. Its a lovely lens.
A point that may interest Zenitar owner is that you can fit a 60mm step ring to the lens. I have 60mm to 62 on it and an UV filter to save that front element. I didn't take it off for the above shots.