Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenitar 16/2.8 fisheye (FAO Lloydy)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Zenitar 16/2.8 fisheye (FAO Lloydy) Reply with quote

One for Lloydy, an example from this Zenitar on a 5D2, taken today when I went for a drive over to west coast.
I use this on full frame and the Samyang 8/3.5 on crop sensor, I love both of these lenses. (plus fisheyes don't come much cheaper)

Ardvreck Castle, Loch Assynt by Gaz Sutherland (Garian Photography), on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
Very nice.

Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, and barely fishy at all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the one for me. Very Happy I've just looked at that picture full screen on flickr, it's very good. And the price of the Samyang isn't bad at all. Thanks for showing that picture, I was just about convinced, now I am.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kNikS wrote:
Beautiful, and barely fishy at all.

Thanks.
If the horizon is kept dead centre the fisheye effect is minimal. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Yes, that's the one for me. Very Happy I've just looked at that picture full screen on flickr, it's very good. And the price of the Samyang isn't bad at all. Thanks for showing that picture, I was just about convinced, now I am.

My work is done here. Cool

Laughing

I think you'll be happy with this lens, it's much better than I expected. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

I can lend you my Tokina 3.5/17 for as long as you need to evaluate, I'm skeptical a fisheye will be as effective for landscape use, whereas the Tokina really excels for such work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool shot, I used that technique toom to eliminate distortion.
I use my Takumar 17/4 fisheye for panorama mode on NEX, no fisheye effect .
oh I had zenitar 3 times, I prefer Takumar over it Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results, a pleasure to see,

[]s,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very nice. I always imagined a landscape exactly like this in my mind when I read Bernard Cornwell.

BTW I have been on the fence for a long time for the Zenitar. I am wondering if there are any differences in quality between the new one from current production line compare to the one from say 20 years ago?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.
I like the zenitar as well, esp on FF.

The zenitar also far easier to get than the takumar.
I won't say no if i can spot one in reasonable price range Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your replies folks. Smile

I don't know if there's a difference between this lens and any older versions, I bought mine new last year.

I used no software to de-fish this shot, this is how it looks straight from the camera (though I did edit it in other ways).