Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenit Cameras, Helios 44/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Zenit Cameras, Helios 44/2 Reply with quote

So it turns out I was donated 2 Zenits, which of course, both have Helios 44/2 on them . One is a B and one is an E with working meter.
I dont have any mirrorless digital kit, only an old Pentax K10D, which I never use.
I will clean them up and try shooting on them with 100asa stock to get the wide open look.
I might need help to lift the SLRs, they are so heavy !!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The helios lenses should work great on the Pentax with an adapter.

But since you got two take one in each hand and do some workouts, they will be easier to carry then Laugh 1

The film will add weight Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

😂😂😂 M42 to K mount adapter on its way

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ianf wrote:
😂😂😂 M42 to K mount adapter on its way

Excellent - you won't regret it!
My first SLR was a Zenit 3m, bought new in '69 with a down-payment from my first pay packet Smile
I prefer the pre-set aperture mechanism of the earlier 44-2 rather than the A/M switch of the 44M and later, but that's probably simply because I was brought up on it. The early lens is also some ounces lighter than the later version!