Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Planar 50 1.4 (Contax)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Planar 50 1.4 (Contax) Reply with quote

Hi! First of all I'm new here so hello to everyone! Smile

I have found this forums seeking for a solution to a problem I have...
I have recently bought a second hand Zeiss Planar 50 1.4 (Contax mount). The lens is great, but needs to be cleared, speceially some big dust particles between the front elements.

However I'm not able to disassemble the front of the lens Sad unscrewing the front ring don't work (well it doesn't unscrew).

Has anyone some info about disassembling this lens? I would really apreciate some help Smile

-Pablo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Zeiss Planar 50 1.4 (Contax) Reply with quote

kapuxino wrote:

However I'm not able to disassemble the front of the lens Sad unscrewing the front ring don't work (well it doesn't unscrew).

You might find a little locking screw going into the side of the barrel at the front. This could be hidden under a rubber grip or similar.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Zeiss Planar 50 1.4 (Contax) Reply with quote

Farside wrote:

You might find a little locking screw going into the side of the barrel at the front. This could be hidden under a rubber grip or similar.

Thanks for your reply Farside! Unfortunately there no screws into the side, not even hidden under the ruber grip.

I have disassembled all the rear part of the lens and reached the aperture blades... but now I see no way to going fordward. Someone told me on other forum that the front ring might be cemented to the lens, has anyone heard about it?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Zeiss Contax/Yashica lenses that I have have no screws for front element - it is a common design and this is without any doubt a choice to increase the solidity of the lenses, which in fact are built like tanks.
What I can tell you is that here in Italy shop owners and magazines always recommend to send Contax/Yashica lenses for servicing only to the national importer (or to Zeiss Oberkochen directly).

Last edited by Orio on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kapuxino Nice to see you here !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, kapuxino!

Do the dust particles show on photos? I've got some lenses with a little dust inside which doesn't bother me at all.
But if the lens is otherwise in very good condition, I would consider to invest a little money and send it to a professional service - I mean it's a Zeiss!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Zeiss Planar 50 1.4 (Contax) Reply with quote

kapuxino wrote:
Hi! First of all I'm new here so hello to everyone! Smile

I have found this forums seeking for a solution to a problem I have...
I have recently bought a second hand Zeiss Planar 50 1.4 (Contax mount). The lens is great, but needs to be cleared, speceially some big dust particles between the front elements.

Has anyone some info about disassembling this lens? I would really apreciate some help Smile

-Pablo

?Hola Pablo, bienvenido!.
You can see you're not the only spaniard in this forum Wink
Best regards,
Jes.