Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Nettar 515 - 6x4.5 cm baby folder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Zeiss Nettar 515 - 6x4.5 cm baby folder Reply with quote

I've had this nearly a year now -

This was the smallest of the Nettars, and probably the smallest of the Zeiss 120-film folders. These 4.5x6 format cameras are abut in the same size range as the 127-film types, but are still easily usable, and have a larger film format. It is a perfectly conventional folder other than for the small size.

This particular camera came with the Prontor-SV (speeds to 1/300) and the 3.5/75 Novar, which is a triplet I believe. This was not the top of the line for the 515's, I think there were some with a Compur of some sort and a Tessar. This one looks like its got a coated lens, so between that and the post-war Prontor-SV, its a post-WWII type, though probably quite early, perhaps from about 1948 ?

Its in good functional condition, though a little worn. Its only major fault is that there are a couple of light leaks, the worse one probably originating from around the red window.

Performance is very good I think, that Novar seems like quite a good lens for what it is.

City Lights Bookstore, Lawrence Ferlinghetti's place

Cafe Vesuvio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, Luis, love the perspective in the Transamerica building (probably has a different name, now). The Novar is indeed a triplet, but a good performer as seen by your images.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldies but goodies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shoots! I like it's performance as well!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to see your pictures of SF Luis. I don't see any major problems with light leaks?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the look of the photos as well as the photos ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good results, though I've come to expect that from you regardless of equipment used. This is one beauty of a camera, and within its performace envelope, the images it produces are very sympathetic and human.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results. You've got a good example of the camera.