Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Macro TESSAR 50/2.8 + Sony A7R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Zeiss Macro TESSAR 50/2.8 + Sony A7R Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss TESSAR 50/2.8, Exakta mount, rare macro version, designed for bellows:

It's one of the finest vintage macro lens I've ever used.
f/5.6, Sony A7R, no post-processing besides resizing:

Wide open:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works only as a macro lens? Is it possible to shoot like a normal lens?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many diaphragm blades does it have?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, that's way Like Dog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
How many diaphragm blades does it have?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chudy128314, it works only as a macro lens? Is it possible to shoot like a normal lens? If possible, examples?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

serkol wrote:
It works only as a macro lens? Is it possible to shoot like a normal lens?

On a a matching bellow/helicoid, the lens will focus from close up to infinity. It is optically the same as the SLR variants.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83, thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chudy128314 wrote:

Wou! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Macro TESSAR 50/2.8 Reply with quote

I just pulled the trigger on one of those on an auction site - was part of a set including bellows and accessories. I intend to use it on a Nikon.

For the forum member that mentioned their interest in infinity focusing: if you are really willing to put the effort in, it's probably possible to use 3D printing. I see people using this method to upcycle projector lenses. It's possible to make a casing with a helicoidal mechanism that would be just long enough to focus the thing. The bayonet itself can be scavanged from an adapter (like a M42 to pick-your-mount adapter).
Frankly, I'd rather buy another lens for this: too much work, better to photograph than tinker (or so I keep saying to myself).

By the way, chudy! Wonderful results with this lens, congratulations!!!