Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss lens names...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Zeiss lens names... Reply with quote

http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B58B9/Contents-Frame/C4B1A59613632D9DC1257226005F6AB7

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Carsten; that's actually quite informative, for I did idly wonder where the names came from.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m planning to work out a little glossary of the old names of the "Carl Zeiss Jena" lenses.
When it is finsihed I will post it in this forum.

See you

P.S.
Compare the lens arrangement of the modern Carl Zeiss Planar with the older Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar... Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retro wrote:
I´m planning to work out a little glossary of the old names of the "Carl Zeiss Jena" lenses.
When it is finsihed I will post it in this forum.

See you

P.S.
Compare the lens arrangement of the modern Carl Zeiss Planar with the older Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar... Very Happy

You should try to get Hartmut Thiele's books.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly and also all serial numbers, production date etc. are included. One of the greatest resources for an collector! I have them all since years - a must have!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retro wrote:

P.S.

Yes, there is rumour that the Planar would have been copied from the Pancolar, but it does not make sense to me, Planar scheme was invented in year 1896: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeiss_Planar

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wikipedia is not in every issue a good and valid source for informations...