Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Introduces ZF-I Lens Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Introduces ZF-I Lens Series Reply with quote

Press release:
Zeiss Introduces ZF-I Lens Series

High-quality optics for precise technical solutions

OBERKOCHEN/Germany, 06.11.2007. What professional photographers feel enthusiastic about we at Carl Zeiss do not want to keep from other users of lenses for technical applications. With the new ZF-I series, Carl Zeiss has launched a line of high-quality lenses which are optimized for the challenging tasks in industrial applications.

The imaging properties of the ZF-I lenses are just as excellent as those of the high-end ZF lenses. The silver metal finish immediately identifies the industrial version. Furthermore, the ZF-I series is particularly suitable for rough technical applications. The lenses are protected against spray water and specially sealed against dust.

In addition to classical image capturing, the new lenses can also be used for machine vision, quality assurance and near-range photogrammetry. Both the aperture setting and focus can be locked for these tasks. For this purpose, the lenses are supplied with five locking screws which enable reliable locking of the adjustments once they have been set. Measuring inaccuracies and errors are thus reduced, and there is no need to waste time checking the settings.

The first lenses available in this new industrial line are the wide-angle Distagon T* 2,8/25 ZF-I, Distagon T* 2/28 ZF-I and the Distagon T* 2/35 ZF-I. All lenses offer the proverbial imaging performance and color fidelity associated with the ZEISS standard and feature the F-bayonet – the most commonly used standard camera adapter in the technical area.

http://www.zeiss.de/C1256A770030BCE0/WebViewTopNewsAllE/812C26C539A8E19EC125738B0025AA33?OpenDocument

-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. I shudder to think what they will cost. That;s the Nikon F fitting right?

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOps doouble posted

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Orio for your new Zeiss
you can now lock the focus to infinite and aperture to 8
just paint it black to be more discrete
I think you will soon switch to Nikon Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenses like these ones make me really wish to have a lot of money.

But...I would be just as happy with a "simple" ZF version... Wink

In any case I am more and more in admiration of Zeiss who insists in producing and selling top quality lenses without giving up to the luring temptations of low cost, high volume, large profit autofocus sirens.

-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the silver color alone is magnificent!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Just the silver color alone is magnificent!

I think that this is a 3D rendering, however, not a photograph.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the classic DIN font that Zeiss (and Pentacon) use for engraving the figures on their lenses. They've never changed this, right from the 1950s at least.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Metal Lens Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Orio. I hate to think about the price but its something I sure will follow.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here ! What a funny avatar! Thanks for joining us!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, chekawa!

Nice find, Orio. I can understand your wish for money when I see these lenses. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a case of engineering creating its own art form.
Welcome chekawa.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the kind welcome. I have been gone from here and most other sites for quite sometime. I am back into the swing of things and hope to make this my home.

My main interest is in all types of screw mounts. I also have a high interest in film and many older cameras. I do repair many different types of lenses, most all in the MF lenses. I enjoy also repairing light meters and older cameras.

I also collect like many of us here. I have to many that I love and don't want to part with. I always hope the postman comes when the wife is not home, Ha ha. But I just can't seem to pass up a good deal. I do have allot that I will post here for sale or trade very soon so we can all keep the postman working.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belated hello, chekawa. Smile

Regarding the Zeiss lenses - I see them as almost an artwork in their own right as well as the artwork that they help create.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Zeiss Introduces ZF-I Lens Series Reply with quote

Quote:
The first lenses available in this new industrial line are the wide-angle Distagon T* 2,8/25 ZF-I, Distagon T* 2/28 ZF-I and the Distagon T* 2/35 ZF-I. All lenses offer the proverbial imaging performance and color fidelity associated with the ZEISS standard and feature the F-bayonet – the most commonly used standard camera adapter in the technical area.

I wonder if Nikon is somehow financially supporting this project?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Zeiss Introduces ZF-I Lens Series Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Quote:

I wonder if Nikon is somehow financially supporting this project?

I doubt it. Ithink its more that patent considerations make it harder for third-party EOS mounts. I also understand that the original impetus for the ZF line was industrial and commercial users who wanted to supplement, replace or improve on their ageing Nikon MF prime lenses, and saw that Nikon seemed to have no plans in that area at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Nikon seems to have pretty much abandoned primes in general. Virtually all of their new products are zooms - admittedly some are very good (for zooms that is).

patrickh