Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Ikon Tenax
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Ikon Tenax Reply with quote

Very old , pre-war camera. It has 24mm x24mm format.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, picture quality is what it is, but it's still interesting to see this old cam back to life Smile
Do you load normal 24x36 film in it? Of course getting more frames.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Well, picture quality is what it is, but it's still interesting to see this old cam back to life Smile
Do you load normal 24x36 film in it? Of course getting more frames.

Yes, it works with normal film, scanning only tricky need select each frame.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! A real pocket classic - and 50 shots a roll! Did you fix it up at all? Maybe rigging up a hood of some sort may help?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:
Great! A real pocket classic - and 50 shots a roll! Did you fix it up at all? Maybe rigging up a hood of some sort may help?

I bought in fully working order and looks new stage, I was really lucky. A hood should help yes, but we can make more contrasty with photoshop too.

Camera is nice , handy cute little one, I have same feeling when I hold Leica in my hands.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi-res images are here

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/Zeiss_Ikon_Tenax_pre_war/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should try a fine grain B&W. The extra resolution and range will show what this can do. I guess a Kodachrome would do too... Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:
I think you should try a fine grain B&W. The extra resolution and range will show what this can do. I guess a Kodachrome would do too... Smile

Yes, indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hood would help, cool little camera!