Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Ikon Tenax II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Ikon Tenax II Reply with quote

I never heard anything about this camera.
http://elekm.net/zeiss-ikon/tenax_ii/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New to me, too, but there are a bunch on ebay, including one with a 37.5mm "red T" Tessar ... Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty cheap compare what I found Tennax II

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting curiosity but a square format for 35mm film doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me, except as an economy measure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, agree, interesting only, nothing else.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a Zeiss attempt to cash in on the success of the Robot cameras - hence the square format. But a rapid wind lever, even though very new back then, is no spring motor, so that did not take off...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@PaulC

Hello your ebay link is a Tenax I which is a vey basic camera. I used to own one but sold it since I it was barely used. As far as I can remember price was aound 20EUR. The viewfinder is bad and it is a scale focus. It came with a Novonar or a Tessar lens.
The square format is quite fun and with the advance lever on the front you can soot fast series.

The Tenax II is a more advanced camera with interchangeable lenses. It is quite rare (never saw one) and also more expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Zeiss Ikon Tenax II Reply with quote

Wouldn't you know it? lol

Click here to see on Ebay

Maybe just for once this IS rare?

Doug