Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Ikon Contessa - Tessar 45 / 2.8 (folder)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Zeiss Ikon Contessa - Tessar 45 / 2.8 (folder) Reply with quote

I love this little gem. I know a few others among you have one, and am slightly amazed no-one else has opened a thread for this little beauty before now.

I have to admit I am not sure of the origin of the film in the first 2 B&W shots, but I suspect they are Ilford XP2, like the third shot. The last (colour) shot is Provia-100.

C&C welcome.

Thanks for viewing,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you might expect the Tessar delivers a good IQ.
Nice results!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Tessar looks to be in better shape than the one on my Contessa... I've been meaning to see if I could fix that at some point.

23_24 by Nesster, on Flickr

Draka spools by Nesster, on Flickr

very large staples by Nesster, on Flickr

Last two Fuji Xtra 400, the first is Fuji 100 expired

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster, I like your first one a lot!

Towards the top it appears to lose contrast - is that due to the expired film? All three seems very soft in the corners: is that the lens problem you're referring to? I think I've been very lucky with this Contessa. I really do like it's contrast and tone, though don't point it at the sun. It doesn't like it much.

-- we should start a thread of industrial rubbish: I have a folder in Aperture called Decay, and it's full of shots like your second one...