Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Ikon Contaflex take up spool
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Ikon Contaflex take up spool Reply with quote

Hello folks,

I have recently acquired the Beta version of the above, and on inspection have found that the take up spool is missing.

Does anyone know if the the take up spool is a standard size (if there is such a thing), and
does anyone have any ideas for a replacement part?

I have looked on Ebay for a Contaflex spool to no avail, but was wondering if a spool from a different camera might fit.

I have an Exakta Varex llB which has a separate spool, but can't try it out as the spool is in that camera at present and loaded with a film.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards...Paul.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Exakta spool as universal spool , due I like best from all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a normal spool from an old film will be good. I use them in the Contax. You may have to use a bit of stickytape to hold the film on as the slot will be in the wrong place. It works for me.

You can get an empty cartridge from any where with a minilab.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Zeiss Ikon Contaflex take up spool Reply with quote

Attila - many thanks, that's good to know. I will try it when I have finished the film in the Exakta.
I have enjoyed reading your posts on here - very interesting and helpful

And Phil - thank you too very much - I have just taken the centre spool from an old 35mm film
as you suggested and hey presto, it fits like a glove. Now I just need to try loading a film with it Very Happy

Cheers...Paul.