Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Distagon 2.8/25 - view from my front balcony
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Distagon 2.8/25 - view from my front balcony Reply with quote

This is the old lens, the Contax one, of course.
When I'll have the money, I will buy this lens also in the new M42 format.

I just love this lens. It makes everyday things look special.

_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally not a wide angle fun, but this lens seems simple amazing what I vivid colors or perhaps just your environment ? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I generally not a wide angle fun, but this lens seems simple amazing what I vivid colors or perhaps just your environment ? Smile

It's not your impression, it has an incredible saturation. It even surprised me when I opened the first photos. So far the most saturated wide angle lens I had was the MIR-20M, but this one matches it.

Man I will want to buy the new version when I can. It's even better than this one, because it has the mechanics of the Zeiss cine lenses, that allow for high precision focus. Plus it has 9-blade iris and focuses even closer than this one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huuh, are you ready to sell you car ? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Huuh, are you ready to sell you car ? Smile

Very Happy

It won't be that bad. I am almost quit buying old lenses, because I have gotten almost all that I wanted. There is only a few pieces that I still want: a leatherette Flek 4/20, the old version of Makro-Planar, a Zuiko wide angle, and the occasional good Russian lens when it shows up.

Next year, I'll be able to save to get a couple of the new Zeiss lenses. They must be a super pleasure. The idea of the cinematic focusing ring alone, makes me drool.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My usual rear window shot. Which shows the most amazing quality of this lens: ZERO geometrical distortion.
This is a quality that I appreciate the most in a wide angle lens (while many others look for sharpness, etc)
This lens is an excellent alternative to the 4/20 Flek for architectural shots, when the 90 or so degrees of field view of the Flek aren't necessary.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I must say, it really seems to be a fantastic lens!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, impressive saturation.

And I can't believe it: a picture taken from Orios balcony this summer without clouds and rain. This must be photoshopped... Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Well, I must say, it really seems to be a fantastic lens!

Yes. It's not flawless (especially in the corners), but it's a very old design - the oldest of all lenses in the Contax series.
It is the same design as the 25mm in the Contaflex series, so it's really a 1950s lens.
I think it shows, it's somehow different from the other Contax lenses that I have.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
Yes, impressive saturation.
And I can't believe it: a picture taken from Orios balcony this summer without clouds and rain. This must be photoshopped... Very Happy
Michael

Yeah... the rains stopped, but a most annoying wind started. Perhaps I preferred the rain!
Strangest summer that I can recall.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was also really windy in our area yesterday.
I had invited some former students of mine and thus tried to put up some kind of 3 by 6 metres tent to sit under.
I almost flew away with my new tent-paraglider. Shocked Very Happy

But I was lucky, just before I lost contact to the ground the wind stopped. Wink

Sorry for the OT.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved reply of slr lenses to link section, you can find many zeiss lens review on his site.