Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss c/y Tessar 2,8/45
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Zeiss c/y Tessar 2,8/45 Reply with quote

Hi,
here is a first test of EOS 70D with Zeiss c/y Tessar 2,8/45

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pancake lens is on my short list. It looks like a very sharp lens to me and the 45mm FL fills the gap between my 35 and 55 lenses. Could you please tell me more about the lens sharpness? The photos are not large enough to draw a clear conclusion.

The photo of Jim's tomb have woken up my memories of the day I visited it.

It was a hot summer Thursday afternoon when I decided to visit Jim. There was almost nobody in Père Lachaise and it took me more than 1/2 hour to find the grave, in spite of having the graveyard map. The tomb was small and lost among others, away from the main alleys. When I finally found it there was nobody in the nearby. I lighted a candel, put a flower on the grave and sit for a while to smoke a cigarette. It was just like visiting the tomb of an old friend. After all his music and poetry shaped my youth - he really is an old friend. I had some of his songs recorded on my phone and let it play one - it was "A feast for friends" or "The End", I don't remember well. Till the song ended, from nowhere appeared, one by one, 8 persons of different ages and ethnicities to his tomb, with candles and flowers. I felt as if I had witnessed a miracle. In that very hot sunny mid-week afternoon there was almost nobody in the whole graveyard but at his tomb 8 people (10 including me and my wife) came, one by one, to pay tribute to him! That is the power of the real music and poetry! It was an epiphany for me.

Sorry for the long and somehow out-of-topic post, but I had to share this memories...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dan,
… … … it was a wonderful sunny october day … …
und jeder Zufall, jedes Glück, welches nur irgendwie möglich ist war da.

This Lense is 3D. The 5D or 550D is the better camera for this lense.
So i had a 70D with me and these Pictures are jpgs from jpgs.
I'll mount it on the 5D soon to give you a real view of it.

deep breath
Tom