Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss announces a M42 mount digital reflex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Zeiss announces a M42 mount digital reflex Reply with quote

Zeiss has announced a M42 mount digital reflex camera to be released in 4th quarter of 2008.
The camera will feature a 10 MP full frame sensor, built in image stabilization, and will provide full multimode automation metering with the line of Zeiss ZS lenses. The ZS lenses offer will be extended to all the models currently provided only in the ZF (Nikon) and ZK (Pentax) mounts.

Read the original press release here:
http://tinyurl.com/yqxxbp

Last edited by Orio on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add, that I just can't wait !! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news but why M42, they could better revive my contax series Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
That's great news but why M42, they could better revive my contax series Smile

I think it's because Kyocera still has the license on the copyright on the Contax name and mount.
I agree that's a bummer Sad
This is also the reason why they are producing lenses for M42 Nikon and Pentax mounts and no Contax mount anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How stupid they are ?!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a beauty! I wonder if this is going to increase the prices of M42 lenses?

Orio, I suppose that we would be looking at stop-down metering with the older M42 lenses, in light of the full-mode for the ZS lens line? Or will they enable full-mode compatibility with all fitted lenses?

A smart move by Zeiss. I think 10mp at full frame will be "music to the ears" of a lot of photographers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Particularly interesting to read about the deal with Sony (who now own the sensor-based image stabilization patents originally by Minolta) - although I see they can't call it Super Steady Shot.

I hope this doesn't mean that the ZF lenses are phased out to promote sales of their new body ....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Zeiss announces a M42 mount digital reflex Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Zeiss has announced a M42 mount digital reflex camera to be released in 4th quarter of 2008.
The camera will feature a 10 MP full frame sensor, built in image stabilization, and will provide full multimode automation metering with the line of Zeiss ZS lenses. The ZS lenses offer will be extended to all the models currently provided only in the ZF (Nikon) and ZK (Pentax) mounts.

Happy April fool? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: It's April Fools' day - How gullible are you lot?????? Reply with quote

Wonderful - now all I need is a suitable source of magnesium powder flash and I can have a truly retro feel to my film noir?

Last edited by nemesis101 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINE !

I dream for years that Praktica does the same !

It will be nice to have a "cheap" M42 basic reflex.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Zeiss announces a M42 mount digital reflex Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Zeiss has announced a M42 mount digital reflex camera to

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! It looks kind of retro, a bit like a Contax 139. Let's hope the leather doesn't fall off this new model like it did with that camera!