Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zecanar Anastigmat 10.5cm f4.5 first shots.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Zecanar Anastigmat 10.5cm f4.5 first shots. Reply with quote

Picked this lens/shutter combo off the bay. STELO shutter works, albeit tardy at slow speeds, regardless, I set to B and let the a7rii shutter do its thing . Glass was a bit dirty, removed from shutter and thoroughly cleaned with isopropyl it became crystal clear. Mounted in a metal m42 body cap with a hole drilled. Typical of uncoated glass from the era (late 1920's to early 1930's based on art deco shutter?) Mounted on my minolta auto bellows iii with minolta > m42 adapter. These are unmodified jpgs resized with the mfl widget.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done. That's a characterful lens. Triplet?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The lens was easily dis-assembled. I had to remove a tiny limiting screw from the bezel of the front mount which is a focus element otherwise just using mild thumb pressure the elements unscrewed from the shutter. They cleaned up nicely with isopropyl. I was somewhat surprised how good the images were. Zeh made a camera called a "Goldi" that was reviewed by a "Quirky Camera Guy" that got me to try it.