Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Your opinion. And advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Your opinion. And advice Reply with quote

Hi guys. This is my first post here. I am asking you for advice.

I am currently looking to buy 135 mm lens on M42 lens thread.

To which one should you point me to take. I have this options.

Takumar 135 / 3.5
Vivitar 135 / 2.8
CZJ Sonnar 125 / 2.8

I am looking for sharp lens not a portrait one.

Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here!

Takumar 135 / 3.5
CZJ Sonnar 135 /3.5
Both are very sharp, excellent lens. I don't think so vivitar has same quality. /I not tested personally Vivitar 135mm/

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I think I will go for the sonnar. Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the Jupiter-37 incarnations:

Jupiter-37A
Jupiter-37AM
MC Jupiter-37A
MC Jupiter-37AM

Best quality-price ratio and you can not go wrong with it.
Usually bought around 20 Euros but sometimes you can get one for less (I paid my first one 7 euros)
One of my most used and beloved lenses (and I have some expensive ones).

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know about the good reputation of juipter I even got one 21M (200mm) and I am wery pleased with it. But in Bulgaria (where I live) it seems hard to find an Jupiter 37AM.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Jupiter 11A? maybe Pantacon/ Meyer 135 2.8 tend to cheap too.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Bob re the Meyer Orestor 2.8/135 - it's a goody.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got four 135 lenses Rolling Eyes

S-M-C Takumar 3.5/135
CZJ S 3.5/135
Jupiter 37A 3.5/135 (Olympic edition)
Meyer Oreston 2.8/135

The Takumar is beautifully built but is the softest of the four. It also has a long minimum focus distance - I never use it.

The Meyer is a newcomer - I haven't tested it properly yet. First impressions are that it's not quite as sharp as the Jupiter and CZJ, but it has a lovely bokeh.

Of the Jupiter and CZJ, both are as sharp as a needle with good bokeh. The Jupiter is slightly smaller and lighter, there's no aperture pin to stick, and the aperture dial has no clicks. The CZJ has a built-in hood, which is easier to use. The Jupiter yields slightly better colours. On the whole I like the Jupiter best, but you would be happy with the CZJ too.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sqwall wrote:
I know about the good reputation of juipter I even got one 21M (200mm) and I am wery pleased with it. But in Bulgaria (where I live) it seems hard to find an Jupiter 37AM.

There are two ways:
The first one is to watch zenit camera auctions. There are often jupiter 37 as hidden bonus, declared as "with tele" or only visible on the photos. This method needs time and patience.
The second one is to buy from a russian or ukrainian seller. A quick search shows 6 jupiter 37A or 37AM with "buy now" for about 20 Euros plus shipping costs. The shipping costs are a little bit higher than usual but not excessive.

Did I mention that I suggest the Jupiter 37? Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys

You have harden my opinion to buy a Jupiter. I will wait until it comes in the auctions in bulgaria.