Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

your going out for a walk..
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: your going out for a walk.. Reply with quote

AND you can only bring one MF light weight lens. Who do you take? I have a love hate with the OM 1.4/50 but it covers me for most situations so I am tempted. However I am beginning to favour the Yashica ML'agon 35mm as a walk about lens plus I have focus confirmation on the adapter so this would be my natural choice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For general purpose any 35mm lens is a good choice for crop camera like yours 35 x 1.6 = 56mm.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take a 35mm lens but for a full frame.
Which means something in the range from 20 to 24 mm for an APS crop.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did, after all, take cameras with me for my vacation, 5D and Zeiss Ikonta A (6x4.5). For the 5D I have only the VPK Meniscus and the two Radionars, 2.9/50 and 4.5/105, with me, and most often I have the 105 mounted as a walk-around lens, perhaps a little bit wide on the 5D but I don't have a longer choice. At home, with the 350D, I now quite often take the 4/180 Elmar-R for a walk-around lens unless I have some specific need for WA in mind.

Veijo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Veijo, hope your vacation is going great.
Based on the lenses you and I choose, we should go on photographic vacation together, because we would never shoot the same image! Laughing I would take care of the wides, and you would handle the long shots Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...depends on where I go and what I want to shoot.

City? Streets? I would take the Nikkor-N.C 2.8/24.
Landscapes? Nikkor-N.C 2.8/24 or Nikkor-O 2.0/35
Persons in a city? Either the Nikkor-O 2.0/35 or the Pentax-M SMC 1.7/50.
Indoor? Perhaps the Tomioka-Revuenon 1.4/55 or the Nikkor-O 2.0/35, depending on the room.
Portrait? Jupiter-9 or even CZJ 4/135.
Details in a city? Nikkor-Q.C 3.5/135 or Jupiter-37.

And because I never absolutely know what I will shoot, I have to take 6 or 7 lenses. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
hi Veijo, hope your vacation is going great.

Hi, thanks, yes, a lot of music and not much else - I've attended 30+ concerts and still have another 30+ to go. The temperatures are lowish, the day before yesterday the morning temperature was 9° Celsius and in the afternoon the highest temperature was around 13°, now we have something like 17°, which is just OK, all the venues stay bearable - a school auditorium without air-conditioning will get rather humid or even unbearably moist with 400 people in when the outside temperature rises to 25°.

The 105 is OK for scenery here, wide open for some DOF effects, it only takes a little bit more walking for proper composition. Sometimes I could have, of course, used a shorter lens, but I've been too lazy to change lenses although I always have the 50 mm Radionar with me.

Veijo