Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

You bastards
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: You bastards Reply with quote

I'm now sitting here eagerly awaiting a whole bunch of random crap I thought I would never be in want off. It's your fault because threads like these just have a great source of gossip to read over and make it sound ever so easy. Coupled with the shots I see in the other part of this place and dam, I'm hooked.

It did actually all start however with a mate who left a "MeOpta" enlarger here at my house along with a few developer tanks and a few film clips.. He bought a bunch of crap from Ebay and the Enlarger was not going to be posted 2000km interstate. The other stuff he didn't need so I now have it.

Skip forward a few weeks and I needed to retrieve a half used roll of film out of a broken Zorki. I now have a light tight zip bag.

Quickly running out of things to buy here, I went and fronted up my local camera shop and walked out with a trio of Ilford chems (ID-11, fixer and stop baths) along with some HP5. Mostly because the girl at the store was adorable! Anyway that's another story.

Now this weekend gone my partner needed a trip to IKEA so $30 later, I ended up with some plastic tubs decent enough in size to develop an A4 size piece of paper, and a trio of different coloured funnels..

God so whats left, China Ebay now has some measuring jugs incoming, and a couple of AP accordion bottles to store this diluted mess of chems I'm about to make... Oh the actual darkroom.

Well extra thick black garbage bags are going to do the trick to my bathroom. Laughing I have a week off work so at some point, I'll be ripping pieces of masking tape of the walls before she gets home I'm sure.

And how did I dam well get to all this? Either way hello. And I look forward to complaining to you all as I ruin paper after film after developer after film over the next couple of weeks Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel no guilt and I take no responsibility for the situation you find yourself in! Wink

Enjoy. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! You'll discover there is more then a way to fail - and to succeed,

Very Happy

If you need some "practical" reading introduction about paper and film dev. let me know as I have some interesting stuff here,

Best,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I dare say I will.. At the moment, there is enough material in these threads a click behind to get me pondering. Also time to practice feeding the film on in the dark.

My thermometer arrived Yaaaaah! China ebay is going to take some time with the final pieces. Bugger Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's it, everything I need is here. The last chem bottles arrived today and all my measuring jugs this afternoon!

I'm all set! Well, I would be If I wasn't due back at work tomorrow!

Gah, I wont get a chance to play until next next weekend. But it's ok. It's all here. I'm set Very Happy