Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yet another NX100 dawn
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Yet another NX100 dawn Reply with quote

In the way to the work, I can't avoid to stop for shooting...

I'm loving this cam Smile

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad! I think this shoot will be good basic for a dramatic B&W conversion.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot of a beautiful scene, Jes. I agree about the distractions that mirrorless cams can provide. I went for a 2 mile walk along the river on my way to college yesterday which made me a little late. By the end it turned into a run.

Agreed with Atilla, it could be made a little more dramatic although I think more so in colour. Hope you don't mind but I did a very quick levels and contrast boost in Photoshop:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not agree with William post production because colors are too similar to sunset time instead of sunrise. But this picture feeds my doubts among nx and nex.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice improvement William, I like it!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could do with being a little cooler. Also I don't know Jesito's intentions, maybe he didn't want the scene to be dramatic but instead aimed for subtlety.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments!

Attila wrote:
I am glad! I think this shoot will be good basic for a dramatic B&W conversion.

Thanks, Attila!. Yes, you're right, I've to try to convert it to B&W.

William wrote:
Nice shot of a beautiful scene, Jes. I agree about the distractions that mirrorless cams can provide. I went for a 2 mile walk along the river on my way to college yesterday which made me a little late. By the end it turned into a run.

Agreed with Atilla, it could be made a little more dramatic although I think more so in colour. Hope you don't mind but I did a very quick levels and contrast boost in Photoshop:

Nice to know that I'm not alone in getting late Wink
Thanks for taking the time of editing the picture.
I like your version, it adds some more dramatism, but I'm afraid the original colors were more close to reality. Smile

ellepi wrote:
I'm not agree with William post production because colors are too similar to sunset time instead of sunrise. But this picture feeds my doubts among nx and nex.

Thanks for your comment, ellepi. I'm on the same dilemma: I like more the Samsung every day, even if my NEX-C3 gives a bright performance. But I like more the shots taken with the NX100. I still have to do a side by side comparison, as soon as the weather improves...

William wrote:
It could do with being a little cooler. Also I don't know Jesito's intentions, maybe he didn't want the scene to be dramatic but instead aimed for subtlety.

Is more an issue of post processing knowledge (little in my case Wink that of intentions...
I just pretend to reflect the reality I see as closer as possible. Smile
Regards.
Jes.