Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashinon DX 2/50mm stuck focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Yashinon DX 2/50mm stuck focus Reply with quote

I was out shooting with the above lens and the focus ring froze up. Thought it might be
because of the cold but later and warmer it is still firmly stuck. Sad
Any suggestions or links?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed it. One of the screws that fastens the focusing ring to the outer part of the helicoid was loose and
came out, causing it to jam up.

Still slightly stiff which causes it to unscrew from the M42 to EOS adapter.
Perhaps that is due to the cold weather?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several lenses too, which is "summer only" lenses Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

I guess that is due to the grease being used?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some lenses feels alot slower during cold weather. Many old German and Soviet lenses seems to get stiffer... Japanese lenses are better in general IMO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

I guess that is due to the grease being used?

Yes, some grease in not "stable" at different temperatures add to that it s age and the result is stiffer rings with cold.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: similar problem here Reply with quote

I have the yashinon 5cm ( not 50mm ) version f2 built in 1961 and have the same problem. This type of yashica lens are notoriuosly hits the flanges at the throat of camera body and/or even the reflex lens when they try to focus at infinity because they retracts further than many other lens. It is a combination of bad adapter and particular lens. NOT all M42 are built the same. I am currently looking for a type of adapters that allow this lens adapts at infinity.
PS I shoot Panasonic GH4 is a m43 system, there is no reflex lens. My dilemna is the FAR END ( not the CLOSE END where the body attaches to the adapter)where the lens attaches to the Fotodiox adapter. This adapter has a ridge like a flange built in and blocks the lens retraction while attempting to focus at infinity.
Anybody has a good experience with M42 to M43 adapters with this lens please let me know. Thank you.