Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashinon 1:2.8 f:5cm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Yashinon 1:2.8 f:5cm Reply with quote

I got this lens a few weeks ago on the Bay (Click here to see on Ebay).

It is quite small, here on my Samsung :

I found very few informations about that lens on the Net, seems to be rare indeed ...

On extension rings, that lens is nice for macro shots (default gimp sharpening) :

100% crop :

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks promising Smile The second one is my fav. On a different subject. Did the Electro GX and GL arrive yet?

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Did the Electro GX and GL arrive yet?

Yes, they did ... Both are looking fine.

The GL is in working order, with only a stiff focusing ring. I've cleaned the old light seals and will make new ones soon.

The GX however seems to be dead ..

The counter lights up when the test button is pressed, but not the lightmeter. I tried to disassemble it to check the wires (following instructions on the Yashica guy website) but broke the rewind lever in the process Sad

I now have 6 Yashica RF (in order of acquisition) :

Electro 35 GSN (works perfectly, have done a roll with it);
Electro 35 GS (working)
Electro 35 GL (working)
Electro 35 GX (dead)
Electro 35 Professional (working)
Minister-D (working)

By the way, as I'm cheap, I made a battery adapter with the tip of a silicone cartridge, alu foil and a Duracell A11 6 volts battery Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aesthetically looks very nice. I look forward to see samples of normal photos (not macro).

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly does a good job at macros - I look forward to seeing more.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo!
A wonderfull lens, great japanese Quality.
The first arperture is 2,8, like the Carl Zeiss Tessar, i think, this construction is very good for sharpness.

regards Peter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the nice delicate blue !