Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashicas
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Yashicas Reply with quote

I recently acquired a job lot of Yashica 28/2,8, 50/1,7 and 135/2,8. They seem virtually brand new. So far I have tried the first two (almost by accident as I happened to have them with me when I met a parade in a nearby town). I am very impressed with the build quality - like tanks - and I think the optical is more than decent. Will take time to learn them though:

28/2.8

50/1.7

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Patrick!
That 28mm seems to be quite sharp!. (Unlike my Cosinon...).

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great set! I almost bought the 28mm at a local camera shop but I couldn't justify the purchase having a mir 10A at home.

I always wondered how the line of yashicons compare with the fujinon/vivitar/soligor lenses.

~Marc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Patrick! You get a perfect set.
The subject give me cold in the back. I just hope to stay in the good side of this 'nice' door Smile
The second shot is even more frighting, the hairless men with sunglasses and broken jeans don't look very catholic to me Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a decent performer to me. Congratulations.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick, are these lenses ML or DSB ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio

ML (and YUSA ) Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The second shot is even more frighting, the hairless men with sunglasses and broken jeans don't look very catholic to me

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there were three more even more threatening looking on a small veranda to the right of the single guy. But for composition I thought one on his own worked better Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any major impact on how these lenses handles with DSB (single) vs ML (multi coating)?

BTW hey all!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and wellcome.

The difference might be as in the case of other multicoated vs. single coated lenses: better contrast for the first one and a higher resistance to flare. Of course, a role/s could play other things but I don't know exactly and this could vary from a lens to another.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens design also differs sometimes between ML and DSB lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome fotal. I am a newbie with these lenses and so I really cannot improve on the responses from others such as Orio. But I thought I would say welcome anyway Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers all! Nice to feel welcomed.

Anyway just managed to lay my hands on a few MF-lenses (partly your fault guys! Shocked ) but waiting on adapters for my Canon body.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fotal wrote:
cheers all! Nice to feel welcomed.

Anyway just managed to lay my hands on a few MF-lenses (partly your fault guys! Shocked ) but waiting on adapters for my Canon body.

Välkommen Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Fotal!