Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ML lenses...forgive me, but I am quite excited!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Yashica ML lenses...forgive me, but I am quite excited! Reply with quote

It was a bit of a gamble but it seems to have payed off, they all appear to be in excellent condition

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look good indeed! did you get them from ebay?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

And even an adapter seems to have been included Smile.
Could you please do me the favour to mention the serial
#s, so I could add them to my Yashica sn list?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes off Ebay, Click here to see on Ebay I also got an FXD thrown in but may need a new battery as there is no life in it. No I bought the adapter in advance of them arriving Now that would have been a steal! What a crazy world we live in when a peice of metal knocked out in China with a chip stuck on costs almost the same as these finely machined masterpieces!
Serial numbers

35 2.8 A1313666

50 1.4 A1063370

28 2.8 A1239283

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a luck!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations - this way ebay is real fun Wink

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was like an 8 year old on Christmas morning, my hands were shaking!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I am glad! Good to see how to happy you !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fantastic bargain!!! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all without any PP zero sharpening etc

click for original. 50 1.4 at f2? I think this may be a dark horse I think this is the one I am most excited about

click for original, 28mm f2.8 at f11

click for original, 28mm f2.8 f8 a bit of movement and not right focus here but contrast and colour is promising

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 1.4 perfect ! and seems 28mm also a very good lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good! I'm happy that my advice on the Yashicas could lead you to such a great bargain!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and thanks Orio for not bidding against me after advice! Laughing it was a risk though the seller said it had some "small scratches" I cant see them though!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
and thanks Orio for not bidding against me after advice! Laughing it was a risk though the seller said it had some "small scratches" I cant see them though!

You have three excellent lenses.
The two wideangles are on or near same quality level as Zeiss Distagon, so we are talking about the best here.

The ML 50 1.4 is a very good lens, this one not as good as the Zeiss Planars, but still very high quality, about the same quality level as other top 50mm such as Nikkors ot Takumars. So we're still talking about the top level ones.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice!

and they looks brand new Smile

looks like you made a good buy there

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked your originals.
If in further and better photographic proofs the ML28 shall prove to be even just only near the contrast and saturation of the Distagon, you will be very happy with this lens. It is a superb performer.

For those who may be interested: next month I *may* be selling a Distagon 2.8/28
The price, however, will be a Distagon price.
But if you have some bucks to invest, this is a lens that will give you years of pure photographic pleasure, especially if you are into landscape.

Not to mention the fact that a Distagon lens is an investment. If well kept, it will always retain it's value, something that it's not true of the cheaper lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
These are all without any PP zero sharpening etc

click for original. 50 1.4 at f2? I think this may be a dark horse I think this is the one I am most excited about

Congratulations! Smile
I have got my ML 50/1.4 for two weeks but it became my favourite as Takumar 1.4 and Planar 1.7.
See some picture I shot in the last weekend with this lens. http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=1358
I can borrow ML 35/2.8 for trying, hope to share my experience with you! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

For those who may be interested: next month I *may* be selling a Distagon 2.8/28
The price, however, will be a Distagon price.

Hmmm, I have just received one from ebay. Why can not be patient to wait for your selling??? Smile
Bytheway, analyzing some frist shot in f8-11 I can shout loud: It is so sharp! Different from CZ Flek 35/2.4.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iha wrote:

Hmmm, I have just received one from ebay. Why can not be patient to wait for your selling??? Smile
Bytheway, analyzing some frist shot in f8-11 I can shout loud: It is so sharp! Different from CZ Flek 35/2.4.

They are completely different lenses in concept.
The Distagon 2.8/28 is sharp wide open. You can shoot wide open with it and feel safe. You can't do that with the Flek.
As for saturation, they are both excellent. But the Distagon is more contrasty.
Geometrically they are on par. The Flek is good but not perfect, the Distagon 2.8/28 is the "less perfect" of the Distagons, it actually has some distortion (that the Hollywood version does not have). It is, however, nothing really bad, and anyway better than what most other lenses of the same focal lenght have.
The one advantage of the FLek is the performance close up and the possibility to focus near object.
Let's not forget however that we are comparing a 35mm lens with a 28mm lens.
The Distagon 35mm is closer to the Flek as it's not as sharp as the 28. It has however a characteristic that beats completely the Flek: it has a perfect control of the distortion. The Distagon 2.8/35 is one of the most perfectly controlled lenses that I have ever used. Under this respect, even better than the 1.4 version.