Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ML 28mm/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Yashica ML 28mm/2.8 Reply with quote

On Canon EOS XTi :

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this lens, sharp enough for me, and good contrast

Last edited by adrifaisal on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yin, what lovely tone, esp 1. what film did you use? btw, all ml primes perform this way. i esp like the 35, and was recently very pleasantly surprised by the 135.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one is pretty dark, simple PS can help a lot on those image.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
yin, what lovely tone, esp 1. what film did you use? btw, all ml primes perform this way. i esp like the 35, and was recently very pleasantly surprised by the 135.

glad you like , it's no film , it's the Canon EOS 400 D (aka XTi) It's a lens that I like , I didn't try it on Sony NEX yet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i thought xti was a film cam. Embarassed

tbh the shots really do ave a film like quality.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are another couple with the Yashica 28mm ML. I have two of these and there are differences. Serial number A12019925 weighs 217 grams. Serial number A1252769 weighs 235 grams. Note that one number has eight digits and the other seven. The coatings and maybe the internal optical structure appear a little different to me. In any case, A1252769 is sharper. Both yield photos with a good sense of three dimensions, better than the Canon 28mm f/2.8 FD I compared them to. All are better in that respect than the 18-55mm STM Canon

I also tried a pair of Yashinon 28mm DS-M lenses. The DS-M lenses are Yashica's first line of multi-coated lenses. They use an 8 element design. My impression is that the DS-M lenses are quite sharp, but not quite as resistant to flare as the ML. The other change between DS-M and ML lenses is the mount. DS-M uses M42.

I am still tempted by the 28mm Distagon, but am not sure how much better it would be than this and it weighs a couple of ounces more. I am already using Zeiss 50mm and 100mm lenses. Any thoughts?

By the way, the above photos are straight jpgs with no pp at all except to resize them. Camera was a Canon EOS-M6.