Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ML 1.9/50 nightwalking
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:16 am    Post subject: Yashica ML 1.9/50 nightwalking Reply with quote

In spite of consecutive server crashes, some lenses kept a good represetation here in the forum, assembled over the years. It is the case of Yashica ML 1.9/50. You may revisit very nice daytime samples here, here and here (the previous DSB iteration).

I wish to refresh this assembly with several night shots, taken with Sony Nex-5 and PP adjusted. In the previous discussions members mentioned a special bokeh that my samples confirm. There were also remarks on non-existent CA. I found some, observable on glossy surfaces in difficult light situations, but not that noticeable to talk much about. What is most important, there is a certain "organic" feel in the lens' rendering.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 So urban! Nice representative images in those links too! Thanks for refresh!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, visualopsins!

Here is a couple more shots, from more sumptuous ocations. Minor PP tweaks are applied. The lens is fine, pretty much in Yashinon-DX line.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sunny morning on the river bank.

Same place, several days later...

Urban life is plenty of surprises Shocked

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PP in Nik pipeline

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going 1 step back and getting an older version DS (B) 50 1.9 will give you +_ same sharpnes but without CA.
at least in my experience ..

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! I do not have DS lenses. I guess I am OK with CA visible mostly in the night light. But curious to see some samples from your DS.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My samples have already quit the realm of nightwalking, so posting here a pseudo-fisheye image from this lens made with stitching of a dozen of individual shots. Sony APS-C camera, the stitching is made in Microsoft Image Composing Editor.