Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica GSN purchase
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bawang, the CC is a wider lens than the rest of the pack and tough to find
at best. I just wondered what was the best in the 40-ish focal length.

BTW, I am very happy with the election results.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WooohOOO!

It's an Obamanation finally!

Bill
I think what I meant for Khidir is that he will find "the one GL" that will be worth the effort.
There are not to many of the GL's and I think that bodes poorly.
One of the reason the GSN was so successful from my point of view is the long run time.
Yashica had a whole 17 year run to sort out bugs in production to come out with a consistent shooter.
Same Canon with the AE1 and Nikon with the F's.

The GL along with the M5 and maybe even the other later cams (CC and GX) had a short run so possibly less refinement.

All that said I think the GX is the best color neg and Slide shooter in the bunch.
The meter seems more acurate being next to the lens. Also the ISO shade for the meter diode seems more refined.

The GS/GSN and the Black models where the best for both B+W and color or in other words "all around cam".
The extra ISO range along with the meter diode that one can shade with a finger so easily (for back-lit subjects) made for a great B+W camera.
It is also plenty accurate for color negs in most conditions and slides outdoors.

I talk a lot about these cameras because I love them all equally.

I must admit that of all the Electros that have come thru my hands the CC's that I have seen have all been perfect.
I think the CC had the best power supply and simplest circuitry.
The battery is up top next to the meter and I think the fact that it is a L28 battery, had less problems with leaking so no nasty battery muck to F-up the circuits and wiring.

I hope that helps. Maybe it does not.
Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Andy, it is helpful, in a vague, ambiguous kind of way... Laughing

just kidding, thanks for the info, very interesting! Wink

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy. You are definitely a master of the Yashica Electro 35s.