Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica FX-D. Better red than dead.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Yashica FX-D. Better red than dead. Reply with quote

I had to do it, a black camera just has to have red leather.

I bought a red leather ladies bag at a charity shop and cut it up, there's enough leather for maybe 6 or 7 cameras. I also joined the bag strap to an old camera strap which now matches the camera.
These old Yashica's are good cameras but the original covering is rubbish, they deserve a bit of pimping. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Yashica FX-D. Better red than dead. Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I had to do it, a black camera just has to have red leather.
I bought a red leather ladies bag at a charity shop and cut it up, there's enough leather for maybe 6 or 7 cameras. I also joined the bag strap to an old camera strap which now matches the camera.
These old Yashica's are good cameras but the original covering is rubbish, they deserve a bit of pimping. Cool

Looks sharp! Smile
Isn't this a rewarding little project? I've been doing this on the occasional camera for a long time. Here is a pic of three Konica's I dressed up many years ago. Their factory leatherette has a tendency to shrink with age.