Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Electro 35 CC (fixed lens rangefinder, 35mm f/1.8)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Yashica Electro 35 CC (fixed lens rangefinder, 35mm f/1.8) Reply with quote

I'm selling my Yashica Electro 35, I picked it up a couple of years ago on a flea market somewhere.

The camera is in pretty good condition on the outside but it has a couple of flaws on the inside:

- The shutter often refuses to fire, pressing the shutter button down very firmly and/or shaking the camera gets it working again
and when it works, the meter seems to be working fine. I suspect that the mechanical linkage between the button and the shutter in the lens has developed too much play soemwhere along the way.

- The frame lines in the bottom left corner of the viewfinder are missing, there's probably a piece rattling around in the rangefinder mechanism that could be recovered.

Apart from those two issues, there's nothing wrong with the camera.
I lack the skills & equipment to fix it up myself, this is probably the best place to find someone who'd like to give it a try.
It's a fun little camera, exspecially for street photography but since the shutter makes no more noise than a quiet little click,
an unreliable shutter button kills all the fun...

More info on the camera:
https://www.cameraquest.com/yash35cc.htm
http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Yashica_Electro_CC
https://www.flickr.com/groups/yashicacc/

Price:
    30 (or make me an offer, I'm not really sure about that price...)

Shipping:
    Germany: 5 (DHL Paket)
    Worldwide: 10 (incl. tracking) / 12 (incl. tracking & insurance)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a copy of the Electro 35 CC to Gray at US Camera who has a lot of experience with the Electro series but had not previously worked on this specific model. He opened it expecting to learn and shared his findings with me. His repair notes afterward documented some pre-emptive fixes of things that are usually overlooked: some light seal material deep in the bowels that turns to tar and will damage the inner workings and needs to be replaced along with the more obvious seal locations; the “pad of death” which yes, this camera too has, apparently they never re-engineered that mechanism even though this model was otherwise mechanically very different from its predecessors; and a porcelain plate on top of a circuit board cover that is infamous among techs, prone to fail. I can’t be more specific because I am not expert on these topics, but wanted to mention this in case someone wants to get this camera serviced for another generation of usage… these are good things to know about as a customer, IMO. It’s a wonderful camera and I really enjoy using it. If I didn’t have a copy I’d buy this one!!