Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

yashica electro 35 battery cap stuck despite vinegar soak
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: yashica electro 35 battery cap stuck despite vinegar soak Reply with quote

Hallo folks,

I got an electro 35 GT for nothing but it probably came from a marine environment.

battery cap was stuck in the camera's baseplate by battery leak.

Removed the baseplate, cleaned up the positive pole coil with lemon (worked removing blue salts completely).

On the negative pole the cap remains stuck into the baseplate despite a couple hours of full immersion in white vinegar.

Is it normal, must I wait for much more or what?

The interior of the baseplate was full of dark spots that now have cleaned to bright metal. The negative pole disc is clean now, only I cannot remount the camera like this I should unscrew the baseplate to remove the battery each time

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after roughly 8 hours it is all clean, cap unscrews. Interior is now almost totally shining copper. before it was an irregular black out of major corrosion. Leaving all in for a while for some residual spots of corrosion to go.

I had in also a FX3 battery cap that was already treated with lemon juice (lemon took away a green layer of corrosion completely)

Residual red rust is now greatly reduced, will soak more and treat with dremel later to reestablish contact.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats with succes; I hope you can make fine pictures with the camera when everything mounted in its place again!
Like 1 small