Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica 35/2 ML or MC MIR-24M 2/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Yashica 35/2 ML or MC MIR-24M 2/35 Reply with quote

I know the champ gets all the glory and praise but what is the best between Yashica ML 2/35 and MIR-24 2/35 Im looking for another good 35

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yashica ML 35 is actually a f2.8 so one stop slower than the Mir 24. I don't own the ML 35 anymore. It has a fine reputation and some compare it quite favorably to the distagon 35/2.8 . Neither of these lenses is terribly expensive and both are easily re-sold. If you have the funds, you should try both for yourself and decide which you prefer. One thing I would say having used both. The ML does seem to handle better. The focus is much smoother and fluid. Bokeh between the two is similar and typical of most average 35mm lenses. Both have 6 bladed aperture so OOF highlights can be a bit angry sometimes. If I was to make a suggestion for you as a canon owner. I would say bring together $150 and find a Distagon 35mm f2.8. It is the king for value and performance. Check Orios recent posts using this lens. Here is a link

http://forum.mflenses.com/melissa-distagon-2-8-35-t6722.html

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics were great many thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite 35mm lenses:
- Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35
- Nikkor-O 2.0/35
- MIR-1B 2.8/37 (Won't work on 5D though.)
- Asahi SMC Takumar 3.5/35