Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X-Pan 90 on A7R: Sunflower
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: X-Pan 90 on A7R: Sunflower Reply with quote

I recently showed what this combination could do at a classic car meeting. Flowers are more my usual subject.

I have used this lens (several years ago) for moderate macro, sometimes with a Marumi supplementary, on m4/3 but this was the first venture (2017) into FF. It is rather close in FL to my Kiron 105 but is a quality lens and may have applications. (I can carry only so many lenses!).

The closest shot, with crosseye stereo, was not shot as a stereo pair but my several attempts at framing came up with a pair as good as I might have intended.

There has been some digital moderation of shadows.

A7R (manual mode), X-Pan f4 90mm at f16, hand-held.

This combination has a closest working distance as my Nikkor 24mm on the same body, 1ft/30cm.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp lens, for sure! The stereo pair converges very well for me via free viewing. Just wondering if you used a lens hood. There seems to be a touch of veiling flare / loss of contrast in the upper left corner over the sunflower.

All the best,

Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
Sharp lens, for sure! The stereo pair converges very well for me via free viewing. Just wondering if you used a lens hood. There seems to be a touch of veiling flare / loss of contrast in the upper left corner over the sunflower.

All the best,

Paul

Thanks,

I don't recall ever using the lens without a hood, except for true macro, where I rarely use a hood with any lens.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably just an artifact of the the file upload, my monitor, or my eyes! LOL. Nice images.

P.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
Probably just an artifact of the the file upload, my monitor, or my eyes! LOL. Nice images.

P.

There is a hood issue, so much as there is any problem. The hood is for the panoramic mode and could be narrower for standard 35mm mode. Hassleblad missed out on making, and selling, another hood for each lens.