Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WTB MF Lenses Spanner Wrench
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject: WTB MF Lenses Spanner Wrench Reply with quote

Around early 2000s there was a run of spanner wrenches done by MF Lenses. I would like to buy one (used) if anyone is willing to part ways with theirs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/spanner-wrench-from-mflenses-just-received-t14533.html

Anybody know who sells these now?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know what that is Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------ slope game
Geoffrey Blackwell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandagepeas wrote:
I don't even know what that is Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------ slope game
Geoffrey Blackwell

It is a wrench used to remove / tighten threaded lens retaining rings and other slotted retaining nuts used in lens assemblies.

They tend to have two flat-head screwdriver style tips (or pointed tips) which engage in the small opposing slots seen on those retaining rings.

It is recommended to use such a spanner wrench as it significantly reduces the risk of slipping and accidental damage compared to inappropriate improvised use of e.g. a compass or dividers.

Most ones available for hobby & service centre use are width-adjustable, like the one shown above in this thread, so you only need a small selection of them to tackle most encountered retainer rings.

During lens assembly in the factory they tend to use calibrated-width ones specifically designed to each retainer ring to be tightened. These are usually constructed such as to help set/guide the retainer ring properly, and are often constructed as a nylon cylinder with steel inserts and a rear handle to facilitate a secure grip. See below video around the 30 sec. mark for an example of one of those used in the factory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oyud3EA9kE